“Senators Cardin, Shaheen, and Coons (D-DE) announced their intention to introduce the Prioritized Paycheck Protection Program (P4) Act. The bill would authorize a second installment of lending under the PPP to small businesses with 100 employees or less. Eligible businesses would have to have already expended an initial PPP loan, or be on pace to exhaust the funding, and must demonstrate a revenue loss of 50 percent or more due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We presume, but can’t confirm, that the bill will make charitable nonprofits eligible.” (from Nonprofit Association of Oregon)
COVID compliance certification for reopening:
Keep an eye on this website for County Reopening Certification:
1) Come up with a safety plan for your business, and assign someone in your organization to be responsible for enacting the plan.
2) make sure employees are trained in safe practices, and address self-health checking for employees, and encourage self isolation if they are ill.
3) have handwashing stations/sanitation for employees and customers.
4) keep all surfaces disinfected.
5) supply PPE for all employees.
6) practice social distancing.
Please fill out the County Certification form as soon as possible. Let me know if you need help - we want it to be reasonably easy for everyone. If you are partially re-opened already, the County still wants you to fill out the certification form.
There are small grants available to businesses, for something like a computer, or other important tools -
Supportive Services Grants – small grants ($400-800) for things like a computer, etc.
Contact Sunshine at the Small Business Development Center – email@example.com or call 707-382-3413
More COVID information for business: northcoastsbdc.org/covid19
If you are a local business or have questions related to the Shelter in Place Order and your business, please contact the COVID Business Information Line at 707-268-2527.
Small business owners should check in with the North Coast Small Business Development Center, which is maintaining a mailing list and a list of federal, state and local resources to assist local businesses through the crises. See the SBDC’s COVID-19 page here.
- Employers: please fill out our COVID-19 Economic Impact Survey.
- For more information, please see: FAQs - Economic Impact Survey (PDF).
- Should I close my business?
- Where can I find more information about how COVID may impact my business?
- Further Resources
- CA - Business Info
- CA - State Treasurer
- CALED - Economic Development Resources
- DHS - Disaster Assistance
- DHS - Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (PDF
- PDF Download
- North Coast SBDC - Resources
- North Coast SBDC - Updates
- SBA - Disaster Loan Program
- SBA - Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Information provided by Humboldt County Government site: https://humboldtgov.org/2018/Humboldt-Health-AlertHumboldt county Department of Health and Human Services:https://humboldtgov.org/192/Department-of-Health-Human-ServicesNorth Coast Small Business Development center:https://www.northcoastsbdc.org/index_north_coast
North Coast Small Business Development Center
Read previous: North Coast Small Business Pandemic Updates
- Financial Help
- Help for Employers
- Frequently Asked Questions
- General Resources
- North Coast SBDC Services Continuity