Access Humboldt offers many useful services for residents of Humboldt County, and joining our membership is easy and affordable at only $25 per year for individuals, or $100 for organizations (includes up to 5 memberships).
Read on to find out more, or click here to join today!
Access to the Community Media Center
- Fully-equipped television studio
- Canon XA10 digital cameras (3)
- Lavalier microphones and mixing board
- Studio lights and control board
- Green screen and Void (black) backdrops
- Black Magic camera switcher / controller
- Graphics overlays and VTR capability
- Video / Audio editing stations
- Mac and PC hardware (6 workstations)
- Adobe Premiere, Final Cut, Sony Vegas
- Multi-format card readers
- VHS Digitization hardware
Low-Cost Equipment and Facility Rentals
- Video Production Kits ($5/day, $20/week)
- Panasonic HD Camcorder
- 64GB SD Memory Card
- Regular and Extended-life batteries
- Wall plug, USB charging cord
- Choice of handheld, shotgun and lavalier microphones (with cables & adapter)
- Manfrotto fluid-head tripods
- Television Studio & Control Room ($10/hour)
- Produce professional quality programs using our fully-equipped recording and editing facilities for a fraction of the price of commercial facilities.
Services For All
Access Humboldt provides full production services at below-market rates for nonprofit groups and individuals working on non-commercial projects. Contact Production Manager Juan Carrillo to schedule a free consultation and find out more.
Free Cable TV Air Time
Any resident of Humboldt County can submit non-commercial video content for playback on our channels.
Televised Bulletin Board & KZZH Community Calendar
Humboldt County residents can also post announcements to our televised bulletin board system that airs between shows on our channels. These announcements will also be included in the KZZH Community Calendar, which is broadcast on KZZH-LP 96.7 at noon and 5pm on weekdays, and at noon on weekends.
Humboldt Independent Producers (HIP) List
Access Humboldt maintains a list of members who have completed studio and field certifications and expressed an interest in doing freelance video and audio production work. Anyone can use this resource to recruit crew members and look for volunteers to work on production projects by emailing Matt Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org) details about upcoming projects and asking to have requests forwarded to all the members on the list.